Wednesday, April 23, 2008

First Day on the Job

New slacks, pressed shirt, new tie, shined shoes, and a Breathalyzer. My arrival into administration was a memorable one. 300 students, sleeping bags, and police. The future of America can come up with some interesting ideas. Rather than wait in line for the prime time senior parking spot, why don't we just camp outside the school. Better yet let's get drunk outside the school. My first day as an assistant principal was spent walking around introducing myself to students and giving them the fatherly smell test.

I knew my Master's degree would come in handy as I helped Barney Fife lecture a student who blew a .2. That's right twice the legal limit and hardly able to stand but I really think Barney got through to him. He must have, because the puke came shortly after he uttered the words, "You're going to jail." I remember making the comment to my principal, "Well it can't get any worse." His response, "Boy, you got a lot to learn!"

No comments: