Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Skinny

On the suggestion of friends and family, I thought I would start a blog and share some of the travails of the American Principal. It is noteworthy that every story I have to tell is absolutely true. I only offer this because if you don't work in a school than you will probably shake your head at some of these stories. Trust me. You can't make this shit up!

Also, I apologize for the lack of personal information, but I enjoy my job. All names have been changed to protect the guilty. I must admit that being an administrator does have its pitfalls. Since leaving the classroom for the big chair I have developed some strange behaviors. I don't sleep well, I cuss a lot more, my liver is deteriorating, and my personal favorite high blood pressure.

That's right I went to the doctor today and I have suddenly developed blood pressure. The doctor asked me if my job was stressful. I told him I was a principal to which I got the dreaded scribble on the tablet. I can only imagine that my chart now says, Dead Man Walking! The doctor told me I needed an outlet. I apologize for passing my dilemmas to you guys, but the alternatives were cold paddles or bypass surgery. I hope you enjoy my blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There would be a whole lot less prescriptions for blood pressure meds if more teachers & admin would make use of the healing benefits of Blogland. Welcome to your personal therapy corner!!

-Ms. H

Anonymous said...

I randomly found your blog and couldn't stop reading. I was LMAO. My uncle is a teacher in a VERY troubled school with some great stories to tell. Thanks for telling yours. I'll be reading. Hope you have a low blood pressure kind of summer. :)